There are many churches and widely visited monasteries in Larissa, each of which has its own religious and historical significance.
The main ones are:
- The traditional church of Agia Paraskevi which is built into the rock of Mt.Olympus
- The Monastery Olympiotissa Elassonas which is the most important monastery of the county and one of the oldest surviving Byzantine monuments in Thessaly.
- The Monastery of Agia Triada Sparmos located in the Southwest area of Olympus near the village Sparmos and we know that the church was renovated in 1633 .
- The Monastery of Assumption and St. Demetrius in Stomio in which the surviving ancient Greek columns in the middle of the monastery complex , are a sign that there was probably an ancient temple of Poseidon.
- The Monastery of St. John the Baptist in Anatoli, Agia
The monastery today is a multinational female monastery with a strong productive and processing biological action where after a consultation with the Abbess we can tour the monastery , its activities and maybe we can have lunch with them. All of their products are available in the shop that is located within the monastery areafor sale.
- The Monastery of Virgin Mary ( Panagia ) Metaxohori ,its cells were used for silkworm rearing .
- The Monastery of St. Panteleimon in Anatoli
- The Monastery Kanalon Karya
- The Ascension Monastery Sykias Elassonas
- The Monastery Palaiokarya (Kranya Elassonas )
- The Monastery of the Assumption Sarantaporo
- The Monastery of Agia Triada Gianotas
- The Monastery of St. Demetrios Tsaritsanis ( Valetsiko )
- The Monastery of Prophet Elias in Tirnavos
- The Monastery of St. Theodore in Rapsani
- The main churches are Agios Nikolaos in Tsaritsani, Agios Georgios in Domenico and the Churches of the Archangels and Panagia in Krania.